Friday, June 12, 2009

Illusionists!


SKYWATCH
http://skyley.blogspot.com/2009/06/skywatch-friday-no-48.html

ILLUSIONISTS!

There! That'll teach you to jump to conclusions!
Life is all trickery, built on illusions
Did I hear you say ' Goodie! The weather is clearing!'
Not a wise statement when made in our hearing.
Oh yes, we allowed you a glimmer of hope.
We moved apart briefly, to prove you're a dope!
You folded your raincoat and put it away
Saying 'Now we are in for much brighter day.'
You set-out the picnic; it surely looks tasty!
But, look up above you! Agree you've been hasty!
We're moving together! Quite soon we will blend!
And then all your poor human hooplah will end!
You'll be soaked to the skin! Then we'll both drift away.
My friend and I wish you a wonderful day!

A more successful picnic here:

8 comments:

Jo said...

Ha Brenda;) this is a different slant on rain and cloudy weather. Please could you give me the link for your copyright post on 31/5/09.

Jo said...

Ha Brenda;) this is a different slant on rain and cloudy weather. Please could you give me the link for your copyright post on 31/5/09.

quilly said...

Malicious clouds! I've encountered them a time or two myself!

Guy D said...

Very nice shot Brenda!

Have a great weekend
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Pretty Life Online said...

cool catch for sky watch! God and Nature first made us what we are, and then out of our own created genius we make ourselves what we want to be..... Mine's up too hope you can drop by... Have a great weekend!

Bim said...

Your sky looks a bit like mine...and I thought you were on the other side.
The poem cheered me up a lot. Just what I need.

Linda Jacobs said...

Love all the layeres in that sky!

And your poem is cute!

Kat said...

Rain is made to sound spoilsport, isn't it?

Somehow I like it :)))

Fresh showers to thirsting flowers..!!