Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Acrostic Wish!



MY ACROSTIC WISH!

Health and happiness be yours.
          And Good Luck knock on all your doors.........
Party on in party dresses;
Party on without excesses.
Years go by quick as a flash;
*
New Year lets us make a splash.
Eat and drink and all make merry
With the whisky, wine and sherry.
*
Yet keep one eye on tomorrow morning!
Each revelling night ends in a dawning.
As you wish this year goodbye
Remember,Twenty Twelve will fly!
*
-------------------------------------------------------------


MY FAREWELL TO LAST YEAR

So where did that year go to?
It's only just arrived!
Is it really twelve whole months
That I have just survived?
I'd swear that it was yesterday
I was singing 'Auld Lang Syne'!
Wishing everyone good luck
 And drinking too much wine!
Easter slithered past me!
Birthdays hopped on by!
The winter came and then it went!
The sun rolled round the sky!
There are a few more wrinkles
To mark the passing year;
Whatever happens in my life
They, without fail, appear.
But Twenty-Ten was meant to be
A year of such import,
So vital and so different....
At least, that's what we thought.
So we stumble into another year
Trusting that we can cope.
My best wishes to everyone!
Thank goodness we live on Hope!
*

No comments: