Monday, December 19, 2011

Santa Claws



SANTA CLAWS!

I'd intended to play Santa Claus
So I picked up my friend, Paddy Paws,
She went for my hair
And I got quite a scare
When she lashed-out at me with her claws!
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------

DIVERSITY

We believe in self-expression; we don't like to toe the line.
We think that 'letting it all hang out' is absolutely fine.
Auntie Prue likes orange; that's her room on the right.
I'm in the pink room opposite; orange is terribly bright.
Grandad wanted a porthole; he used to sail the seas.
While Bob demanded a balcony, so he could feel the breeze.
See the blue square on the left; that's Binky's room up there;
She is rather conservative and we call her a 'square'.
You'll see some greys and blacks and browns; they belong to various Aunts.
(Aunt Muriel's balcony could be improved by a few bright flowering plants!)
I agree, the fence is wobbly, but that shows our attitude.
Different sizes, different shapes. Some may call it crude.
They're demolishing us tomorrow! The City Fathers say
That we live in an eye-sore and we have had our day!
But, for one brief shining moment, we lived all bright and free.
We showed what a house can look like when the inmates can't agree!
*

1 comment:

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, I love the house, and my dad would have loved the fence.
K