Monday, December 26, 2011

Peace On Earth


MAD KANE
gave us the first line

PEACE ON EARTH?

A woman who'd stepped on some toes
Was inclined to be quite bellicose.
She liked picking fights,
Standing up for her rights,
And bloodying everyone's nose.
*
----------------------------------------------------------------

RESTRICTION!

We all know what it feels like, dear! That feeling of restriction;
Whenever a straining waistband tells a tale of food addiction!
All that food on Christmas day has just by-passed my lips
And moved on down my body taking up residence on my hips!
I see you trying bravely to push-through your shaggy torso;
That's how I feel when I get dressed except that ..... well.....it's more so!
You have three helpers standing by to help you on your way;
Maybe help is what I need at the dawning of each day!
Would any of you volunteer to drag and push and squeeze?
On one thing, though, I must insist!
Keep your eyes closed........PLEASE!
*


1 comment:

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Nice. i do have a soft spot for limericks!