Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Re View



SENSATIONAL HAIKU
chose 'Review' as the topic.

5/7/5 syllables

RE VIEW
Pause, remember, think
Back to the years that have gone. 
Why were we such fools!
*
--------------------------------------------------------

HERE WE GO AGAIN!
(Written last year and it still applies!) 

Only a night from old to new!
Now we begin again!
One sleep and the subtle magic
Of 'eleven' replacing 'ten'.
It was always so momentous...
New Year when I was young!
 I still recall the frisson
When Auld Lang Syne was sung.
It all felt so historic!
I was living in stirring times!
The year departing enthralled me....
Its triumphs and its crimes.
New Year was something special.
I felt myself reborn;
The whole wide world, along with me,
Transformed by a new dawn.
But I have found, in a lengthy life,
That the old year and the new
Will resemble each other, inasmuch
As we'll all just 'muddle through'.
No doubt there will be achievements;
No doubt there will be much pain;
The weather, politics and wars....
All just 'here we go again!'
New Year Resolutions
Will be broken as soon as made,
We'll stagger on, still imperfect,
As memories of last year fade.
So I just choose to celebrate
Those moments of happiness
Which I know will enrich this New Year
Amid all the muddle and mess!
I hope it wont be hell on earth
And it certainly wont be heaven!
We'll muddle through to twenty-twelve!
Hallo twenty-eleven!
*

8 comments:

Olive Tree said...

A lovely haiku, and an amazing old poem for a new year. Great writing. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you. Hope the new year bring you what you need.

Tara Tyler said...

and will be fools again =)
sometimes we learn, sometimes we dont and sometimes we say what the heck!

Anonymous said...

there must be people out there who look back and feel like fools now, and feel they did smarter things in the past.

Maude Lynn said...

I really like Here We Go Again. That's exactly how I feel about the new year.

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Yep, hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it? Best to look to the future, while keeping the past as a lesson.

Thanks for helping to make Sensational Haiku Wednesday a success - glad to have you aboard!!

Happy New Year!

G-Man said...

Loved your Haiku RR...

Kathy Reed said...

Thanks for posting the older poem with your nice haiku..

Kathy Reed said...

Thanks for posting last year's poem along with your cute haiku of today..