Monday, December 5, 2011

Overkill


MELLOW YELLOW MONDAY

OVERKILL

'Prepare for the Unexpected'!
That's certainly good advice,
For when things take us by surprise
We often pay the price.
But hey! How can we prepare for it
If we don't know what to expect?
Expect the unexpected?
Surely that's not correct!
But I'm an obedient little soul,
I'll try to be prepared.
I'll be ready for anything
And then I wont be scared.
*
So I'll go out this-afternoon
With a crash-helmet on my head.
After all, a tree might fall
And crush me till I'm dead.
On the other hand there might be a storm,
Which is followed by a flood;
I'd better wear my gum-boots
To wade through all that mud.
If I'm trapped inside a lift
I'll be lonely all alone,
So I'll take my portable radio,
My books and my mobile phone.
I'll also need to take some food,
In case there is a famine.
'Goodness!' I'll be shouting out
'What a state I am in!'
I'll wear my knee-pads on my knees
In case I have a fall,
And I'd better take a little stool,
Because I'm not too tall;
I might need to reach a packet 
That's on a topmost shelf;
I can't rely on a passer-by;
I need to help myself.
Then there's a change of underwear!
I'll need that, there's a thought.
I may be in some deserted place
And find that I'm caught short!
*
And, after these preparations,
And all this stress and fuss,
I'll probably walk out the door
And go straight underneath a bus!
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple Alphabet
JAM

I once knew a strange man called Sam,
Who had an addiction to jam.
He would not be denied!
He took jam for a ride
And he smeared it all over the tram!
*

5 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Great photo and fun poem to go with it ~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) Happy MYM

Kim, USA said...

Oh my that makes me smile!

TableSetting

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

you mean they left the log there? in some places, people will coem and chop up the log for fire wood.

Leah H. said...

That's right.. A very cool sign..

Visiting for MYM! Hope you can visit mine too..

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2011/12/yellow-octupos-kids-cart.html

Anonymous said...

What fun!! Visiting from MYM ... Happy Wednesday!