Sunday, December 4, 2011

Phoney!



MAD KANE
gave us the first line

PHONEY!

A gal who was frequently prone
To talking too long on the phone
Found her ear had adhered
And it really looked weird,
People said 'We just don't like her tone.'
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------

                         Brenda Bryant

THE GOLDEN FLEECE

Nothing was further from my thoughts
Than Jason and his Argonauts
But, suddenly, without a lot of warning,
Early on a summer morning
Their story sprang into my mind!
I saw these clouds with the sun behind
Surely that was the Golden Fleece
From the magical Ram of Ancient Greece!
I knew that I must set-out on a quest.
I felt that it would be life's greatest test.
And so I lay there and began
To make an Argonaut's master-plan;
But organising ships and stores
To journey to far-distant shores
Was harder than  going on a cruise!
So I just had another snooze.
*

No comments: