Saturday, December 3, 2011

Values

          

THE PURPLE TREE-HOUSE
http://purpletreehouse.blogspot.com
asks for humour  


VALUES
(A Sick Joke)

As I was strolling along one day I heard a dreadful crash!
There was a roar, a scream of tyres and an almost blinding flash!
I looked behind and there was a SAAB that had gone into a tree!
I rushed to help, hoping, of course, that the driver would walk free.
Well, he crawled out, in an awful mess, and sank down on his knees
Crying 'No! No! Not my SAAB! Not my new car please!'
I was amazed at his attitude, for he'd done himself great harm.
'Get a grip!' I shouted. 'Don't you know you've lost an arm!'
He looked down, saw his missing arm and then he said 'Oh hell!
This really is my unlucky day! My Rolex has gone as well!'
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------




NAMING BABY!
(For the Children)

While the Bunny Boys were out at play
A brand new Baby came to stay!
When they came home to Dad and Mother
There was a lovely Baby Brother!
Said Dad 'My boys, it's such a shame!
We just can't think of a baby name!
Mother likes Timothy but I
Am rather keen on the name of Guy.
There again, we thought of Tim
But that doesn't seem quite right for him.
There's Algernon, and Fred and Nick
But a name is much too hard to pick.
Then cried the Bunnies One, Two, Three,
'We can choose a name quite easily!
Don't you puzzle any more!
Let's call the baby Number Four!
*

8 comments:

siggiofmaine said...

Thanks..enjoyed your post.
Peace,
Siggi in Downeast Maine

Marbles in My Pocket said...

Funny jokes!
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/12/02/dang-that-dog/

Charlie Parant said...

if he's looking for his Rolex maybe he could use a hand...

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

great humor,
you rock.

Anonymous said...

funny

tinkwelborn said...

Ha...very funny! thanks for posting.

JANU said...

Both are funny.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

so much details,wow.