Sunday, February 21, 2010

Phoenix

 

THREE WORD WEDNESDAY

PHOENIX
(An Acrostic)

Pyrotechnic aviator, strange immortal bird!
Heat was meant to vanquish you! Maybe you hadn't heard!
Once your mortal days are ending, then you build a nest;
Every part of it is burning, singeing the feathers on your breast.
Now you're rising from your demise to live a thousand years!
Immortality through effort! That's your secret, it appears!
X-ellent and mythic creature! I would revive like you
Over and over from the fire, always beautiful and new!
*


 
See tomorrow's blog for imaginative play.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

I don't know how you do it, Brenda. I could never write a single acrostic, much less one a week.

I think I liked this one best of all. Publish! Publish! Publish!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful, wonderful!

Margaret Gosden said...

Reminds me of the print I made called PHOENIX. This Arcostic rime would go well with it! Sometimes it appears as a thumbnail on my blog.

Kat said...

A Phoenix arises Acrostically..!!!

Lalita Singh said...

Love it..!! Really nicely done!!!