Sunday, February 28, 2010

Generation Gap



CARRY ON TUESDAY
http://carryontuesday.blogspot.com/
 
The words in blue are from Elizabeth Peters
'Falcon at the Portals'

GENERATION GAP!

What is it you find so amusing, dear?
I'm proud of these new shoes!
You say they're not the sort of thing
That you would ever choose!
Well, I must say that I hope not,
Since you are seventy-three!
But let me tell you they feel just right
On an up-to-date chick like me!
Do you remember Doc Martin's,
How they were once the rage?
Now this is the very latest style
For girls about my age.
My ankles are in danger?
I'll twist one, you're convinced?
Look at the high heels you once wore!
Look at the way you minced!
You ask what the big red bobbles
Are doing at the front!
You say they have no earthly use
And they are just a stunt!
Excuse me! They're high fashion!
You haven't got a clue!
My friends all say they're fabulous!
We like anything that's new.
No! They didn't run out of leather
When they left that sort of hole
Right in the middle of my instep!
It's just that type of sole!
Granny! You just don't understand!
You in your ghastly flatties!
A bit of velcro to strap you in!
What a fashion-statement that is!
Come on, Gran, let's face it!
You're Winter; I am Spring!
You may find me amusing
But this is the latest thing!
*

Another shoe-fashion here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/01/276-ugg.html

No comments: