Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Red Suitcase



RUBY TUESDAY

THE RED SUITCASE

A fissure underground in a country far away
Left a world of travelers stranded 'in mid-air'.
Well, not really 'in mid-air'! The opposite was true
But what concerned me was their underwear!
People do like to be 'naice' in every sort of way,
Not unsavoury and rather on the nose.
The whole world was in turmoil over volcanic dust
But what concerned me was the underclothes!
*

Something red and appropriate here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2010/01/wash-board.html

8 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Not just the underclothes! I bet those poor folks in Iceland have trouble with all sorts of things.

Inay said...

hahahahaha...this is funny...

hmmmmm...you made my morning bright..

MaR said...

That's what women concerns :) no single man would have thought of that!!

Happy RT!

Hootin Anni said...

Ya, those poor poor travelers. I'm sure there was laundry at the hotels and other facilities....I love the poetic work you made of it tho. Clever.

:::PUNCH!!::: Red One!! You've been warned...be alert...commercial, straight ahead. [In other words, mine's posted]

Becky said...

Nice poem. And I like how your photo captures the spirit of being stuck at an airport. Good choice for Ruby Tuesday.

Here's my RT entry.

Claudya Martinez said...

I like the way your brain works.

Ron Cooper said...

Very cleverly phrased!

Visit my blog of inspirational writings any time!

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

lynda Howells said...

I know just how that guy felt!!!! been there got the t-shirt! Great image for Ruby Tuesday. Lynda
http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blog.com