Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Coolth



Australian Garden in Autumn

MY WORLD
http://showyourworld.blogspot.com

THE COOLTH

I remember Autumn.
I can picture The Fall.
Both are full of
Colour,
Crackle,
Nip,
And a wonderfully happy sadness.
*
Here, in the sub-tropics,
We should use another term.
*
There is colour, of course,
But the summer-tones remain
All year.
*
There is crackle, of course,
But only from the leaves of the few plane trees;
Leaves that are scorched by summer,
Brown,
Dun
And woefully boring.
*
There is nip, of course.
'I think I'll get my jacket out of storage.'
*
There is ......but, no, the sadness is missing.
The heat of Summer has gone
And left us with the unblemished joy
Of a 'perfect English summer's day'
Day after day.
*
Our season is not yours.
It should have another name.
*
I am going to call it 'The Coolth'
*

A mutual pleasure here:
 http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/04/dahlia-regalia.html

14 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I like your word for your season! Lovely, colorful photo as well! Have a great week, Brenda!

Sylvia

Rosaria Williams said...

Great photo. Wonderful word!

Carver said...

The shot of the garden in autumn is so beautiful and great words too.

Jim said...

The leaves are turning brown but the weather is still summery in Sydney at the moment.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

SandyCarlson said...

Your world is gorgeous. Thanks for this.

Carolyn Ford said...

Such a lovely fall scene...beautiful world.

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

thanks for showing us a little bit about your corner of the world today....sounds like a nice term, its always interesting that your fall is our spring

Darlene said...

AS your world cools down ours is heating up.

I think Coolth is a neat word. The photo is beautiful.

LadyFi said...

The coolth must be refreshing after a blazing summer.

Anonymous said...

I love your new name for the happy 'Fall' season! :)

Pat said...

That is a lovely Australian garden in the Coolth season.

Jo said...

Hi Brenda;) I first heard this word in Natal in the nineties and our family has used it ever since. Other people don't seem to... But it is a brilliant word for the Autumn in the Southern Hemispher.

Marites said...

first time i heard of that word but it sure fits the photo! it's so pretty!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

It's nippy here, I am wearing my boots and a winter jacket.

This weekend, I am going to put away my summer things.

Can you imagine, the thin summer top I bought on the Gold coast, I never got to wear it once in NZ.

Happy ANZAC day.