Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ned and Me!


TRIVIA TIE-IN
http://i-refuse-to-recede.blogspot.com/2010/04/tuesday-trivia-tie-in-7-home.html
 
NED AND ME!

I do look rather trivial (the little person's me!)
Clutching, with great passion, Ned Kelly's enormous knee!
He's a sort of folk-hero (really he was a rogue),
But now he is an icon, Kelly items are in vogue.
He wore this heavy helmet to evade the bullets flying
But he ended on the gallows, ignominiously dying.
'Such is life' were his final words as he finally said goodbye.
Ned Kelly's been dead many years, but the legend will never die.
*

A more uplifting legend here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2008/10/151-lilac-dress.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, it's HUGE.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
WOW, that is one big statue! Thanks for sharing your info on him. Have a great day!

Sherrie
A View of My Life

Troy said...

Hi Brenda, Thanks for linking up wit Tuesday Trivia Tie-in.

Your work always makes me smile. Is that Ned Kelly the same person as the infamous "Machine Gun Kelly" I have heard about?

Either way, a guy that size, I can see why you want to be on his side.