Monday, April 19, 2010

What He Wanted!




MELLOW YELLOW MONDAY
http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

WHAT HE WANTED!

It was my husband's birthday and his gift was on my mind;
My eyes were darting back and forth to see what I could find.
Maybe a watch or a tailored shirt or a night out at a show?
I put these alternatives to him but his answer was 'I know!
Buy me a pressure cleaner! I've always wanted one!
I think a pressure-cleaner would be a lot of fun!'
So he got his pressure-cleaner! (He is a funny fellow!)
It only has one saving grace for this Blogger!
It is YELLOW!
*
More equipment (and Max) here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/06/green-gloves.html

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

It a man toy! Nice gift.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Laughing here as usual! Love how such an "unpretentious" (do I dare say un artistic) object can be revitalised into poetry and a photograph focus! Good one!

squirrel said...

Gave me a nice chuckle. You could be a rapper...have you thought about adding music to your poems?

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A gift to cherish
is the one you really want—
all others perish!

Choose some yellow:
Gold grass
Yellow gum creature!

Carolyn Ford said...

What a hoot! But, it must be so useful too. I just loved your poem story! Great one...Happy Birthday to Hubby!

life's journey said...

Oh like it hehehe. happy MYM!

Susan Cook said...

Hope he likes his "yellow" pressure cleaner. I love your rhyme.

Thanks for sharing♥

Margaret Gosden said...

What does a pressure cleaner do, I wonder?