Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Red Cap



I think of this cap in the Winter,
When I stay warm and cosy in bed,
I'm always reminded of Summer,
By the cap Malcolm has on his head.
We'll rise early and walk to the ocean
Taking coffee or maybe some tea,
And we'll watch the sun rising in splendour
All rosy and new from the sea.
A few Early Birds will be swimming
A few hardy souls will be there
But we'll feel that we own this whole vista,
The beach and the sky and the sea.
And we'll dine on our coffee and biscuits
As Lords of Creation, no less,
Then the heat of the day will start growing,
And we'll go home to shower and dress.
I look forward to Summer for some things,
But not the heat day after day,
When it's hot then I'll yearn for the Winter
And indulging the opposite way.
*

-------------------------------------------------------------------


 
CAT NAPPED!

'What an adorable cat!' I thought as I walked home from the shop!
She darted out from a house nearby as though begging me to stop.
She squerled around my trolley, she purred up to my knee
And it was very obvious she'd taken a shine to me.
The deep-throat purring continued on; the tail waved in delight
As though she was in ecstasy! I was a hit all right!
And the thought came into my tiny mind 'I must be really great!
If animals like a person, then they must really rate!'
I walked away; she followed! My pride just knew no bounds!
A cat wouldn't fall in love with me unless that cat had grounds!
It really made my morning! That she and I should meet!
Then it suddenly hit me!
My trolley was full of meat!
*

2 comments:

Margaret said...

LOL. I have three cats and this is so true. Lovin' that beach seen right now. We moved to North Carolina last year with the hope of warm winters. Feels like Northern Michigan today. My girls were overjoyed as they miss building snowmen, sledding and ice skating. Please use my winter scenes for a poem. I'd love that.

Anonymous said...

You write great snapshots of Kodak moments.