Thursday, December 9, 2010

Judgement!


THREE WORD WEDNESDAY

This week's words
'safety. judge. nightfall.'

JUDGEMENT!

'But Judge!' I said, 'I'm innocent!
It was nightfall and I couldn't see
Because of the overhanging branches
Of that damned sycamore tree!
I took all safety precautions! 
I haven't committed a sin!'
Said the Judge 'But on the seat beside you
There was an empty bottle of gin!'
*
-----------------------------------------------------------


SHADOW SHAPES

The shape of a shell
I know very well
And I know the shape of a shark.
The shape of a shoe
Is easy to do;
I could draw one in the dark.
The shape of a shed
I have in my head
And I know the shape of a shawl.
But don't ask me the shape of a shadow!
It's just any shape at all!
*
A shadow can be
The shape of a tree;
It can be the shape of a sheet.
The shape of a shirt
The shape of a skirt
Or the shop that we pass in the street.
And shadows are found
That are square, that are round,
That are pale, that are dark, that are tall!
So don't ask me the shape of a shadow!
It's just any shape at all!
*
A shadow is thin,
As thin as a pin,
Or it's fat like a big woolly sheep!
A shadow  may shake
When it falls on a lake,
Or shade us when are asleep. 
A shadow can lie
On a ship passing by
Or go climbing all over a wall.
But don't ask me the shape of a shadow!
It's just any shape at all!
*

4 comments:

Janet Aldrich (tec4) said...

Clever use of the words ... nicely done!

Lost in thoughts said...

You combine the words to give a nice feeling.

Jae Rose said...

What a crisp use of the TWW prompts..as succinct as a judge's summary..thank you for your visit..Jae

Anonymous said...

Great use of the words. Love and Light, Sender