Sunday, December 5, 2010

Optical Illusion



OPTICAL ILLUSION

It's an optical illusion but your eyes are not aware
That the dips and swirls and sudden humps simply are not really there!
I couldn't walk acrosss this room without getting vertigo!
It seems as though some parts are high and others way down low.
I'd trip over my own feet and then sprawl across the ground
And other people would do the same as I would, I'll be bound.
Soon there would be a seething mass of people feeling ill!
Though some people might enjoy it I wouldn't get a thrill!
*
----------------------------------------------------------


MIND LOCKING.

My mind requires a golden key
If I'd relive each memory.
Nothing remains of some past joys!
Deleted! How that fact annoys!
Lazy days on far-flung beaches
Orange-orchards, sun-warmed peaches,
Crazy exploits when a girl.
Kisses that put me in a whirl.
I half-remember,  not too clearly;
Names have gone, or very nearly.
Give me that key and I'll recall, in detail, how I had a ball!
*

6 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

I so agree with you about the optical illusions on the floor!

Anonymous said...

Your poems are always a joy to read. I love them both. You are so talented.I trust you win prizes for them? :O)

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Nice entry, I like how the color in the photo

MYM@Worth'sWorld

Liz said...

I love both the poem and the phot.

Happy MYM.

Liz @ MLC

Lesley said...

I so agree about that floor!
Have you read Nora Ephron's new book about memory loss?

Kim, USA said...

Love that optical illusion photo. Happy Monday!
MYM-Town parade