Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Magic Tree

THE MAGIC TREE

Once upon a time, not long ago,
The lands of heat and the lands of snow,
Were seperated at Xmas Time
By more than just the seasonal clime.
America and my home of Oz
Were strangers, each to each, because
Without the wonderful internet,
Spaced-out inhabitants never met!
America was 'over there',
A long long way! We didn't share
A single thing! Maybe a card,
But sending that was rather hard,
Involving envelopes and such,
And so we rarely kept in touch.
Yet here am I, (look and you'll see),
Up there on Patty's Xmas Tree!
'It's a small world', Patty, that's oh so true!
Just look what the internet can do!
*
---------------------------------------------------------

PS

We went out to dinner at our friends' house yesterday evening. Vera has great taste, as well as being a superb cook, so it was a good evening. (We're the poor relations!) I love the large mirrors in her sitting-room so I photographed them, and, of course, myself.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Both the tree and warm room *with you in it ... are really lovely.

Caty said...

I have a magic tree on my FB too! fun :)