Friday, December 31, 2010

Already!

ALREADY!

So where did that year go to?
It's only just arrived!
Is it really twelve whole months
That I have just survived?
I'd swear that it was yesterday
I was singing 'Auld Lang Syne'!
Wishing everyone good luck
 And drinking too much wine!
Easter slithered past me!
Birthdays hopped on by!
The winter came and then it went!
The sun rolled round the sky!
There are a few more wrinkles
To mark the passing year;
Whatever happens in my life
They, without fail, appear.
But Twenty-Ten was meant to be
A year of such import,
So vital and so different....
At least, that's what we thought.
So we stumble into another year
Trusting that we can cope.
My best wishes to everyone!
Thank goodness we live on Hope!
*
---------------------------------------------------------


HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This was my New Year Wish for you two years ago! Not much has changed!

Another year has passed and gone;
Once more it's time to travel on.
Maybe we view the year askance:
Will it lead us a merry dance?
The year that's gone was not the best,
But still, so far, we've passed the test.
Think of all that we've come through!
We're pretty feisty, me and you.
Everything will turn out fine
(We hope!) in the coming year, Oh-Nine.
*
------------------------------------------------------
PS

My peeyesses have been non-existent lately because I 'lost' my camera's ability to move shots between the camera and the computer. However, I had a brain-wave yesterday so I'll play catch-up.

We had our main Xmas meal on Xmas Eve evening this year as Brian was going to be on duty down in Sydney on 'the day'.
Here are the boys being uncooperative about a photograph on that occasion!

I read the riot act on Xmas Day. The result is TOO serious!!!

 Yesterday Malcolm and I spent the morning at the Lake, having lunch there. After the weeks of rain (Queensland is still a disaster area) it was lovely to enjoy perfect weather.
 At home everything looked lush too. I'm delighted with Malcolm's garden renovations.
*

5 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Great poems as always. The second one can apply to my 2010 year too. I have survived. I look forward to another year of enjoying your wonderful poems. HAPPY NEW YEAR :o)

Margaret Gosden said...

Great family photos! I like what looks to be an easy backyard to maintain now.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

thoughtful new year's wishes.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Greetings!

I invite you to become a participant at Thursday Poets Rally Week 36…

This is a golden opportunity for you to make NEW poetic friends, and have your talent directly exposed to a community of talented poets…

Enter your entry here if you are ready

Hope to see you in, Happy Friday, best wishes for the year of 2011.

xoxox