Monday, December 20, 2010

Blue Butterflies


BLUE MONDAY

BLUE BUTTERFLIES!

A hundred thousand brooches pinned to a gnarled old tree!
Deceiving us with a fluttering look of light fragility.
They've experienced 'the change of life', they've flown through endless air
And now they hang like a blue bouquet with flamboyance and with flair.
They have the upper hand, my friends, for, though we stand and gaze,
They think nothing of our open mouths
And stupid praise.
*
---------------------------------------------------------------

GOODBYE KISS.

What's she kissing that man for?
I'm the one she should adore!
I am quite ashamed of her;
She's even ruffling his fur!
He's just a nasty human bloke;
I'm the one that she should stroke!
I've seen her sitting on his knee
And then there is no room for ME!
All this passion is quite stirring!
I'm sure that I can hear her purring!
Now she's nuzzling his neck!
I don't mind sparing him a peck,
But when it comes to love undying
That is what I am suppling!
Now she's sobbing, weeping tears,
Reinforcing all my fears!
How dare he make my darling cry!
I'll scratch him! Then he'll say goodbye.
Oh, he's said it! So has she!
That seems very odd to me.
Did I hear that strange word 'war'?
Is that what she's crying for?
I'm in a state of feline bliss!
I think this is a Goodbye Kiss!
So, darling, look in my direction.
I'll supply you with affection!
Let him go! Give him the sack!
With any luck he won't come back.
*

9 comments:

Pie said...

Wonderful photo! The butterflies are gorgeous.

Merry Christmas.

My Blue Monday.

Anonymous said...

blue butterfly is cute.

eileeninmd said...

WOW, that is really neat, I love all the butterflies. Merry Christmas!

Lesley said...

here is another "stupid praise" for the butterflies!

Love both poems. The second one is quite touching.

Anonymous said...

WOW that is truly awesome - happy christmas, judy@ no gimmicks required

Auntie E said...

beautiful butterflies.
happy blue Monday and Merry Christmas to you.

momgen said...

Double wow wow too pretty. Happy blue Monday.

Donnie said...

I loved that butterfly photo. So beautiful and your poems are lovely. Have a great Blue Monday

SmilingSally said...

Butterflies scare me, but I do love this color!

Happy Blue Monday, Brenda.