Saturday, December 4, 2010

Blue Moon

                                                Gerald Gee

BLUE MOON

Another one from Gerald Gee, whose work I so admire.
He captures something in my past and builds a glowing fire
From a memory that has faded to a little flickering spark.
Somehow he lights on something and he always hits the mark.
I'd like to say I remember this very beachside scene;
I'd like to say the place-name and declare that's where I've been.
But it's not a concrete memory that Gerald paints for me;
It's a feeling...... of a memory........ of a place that used to be.
Somehow, somewhere, I saw that moon, and it was blue as blue;
And I saw that row of houses with the lamplights shining through.
I saw that lisping water and the little boats as well.
I saw my world in those colours, but where I cannot tell.
Gerald and I share memories, although we've never met.
 And I thank him for reviving dreams it's so easy to forget.
*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


UNFAIR DISMISSAL!

If God created everything,
Then he created me!
He gave me a slow, pedestrian brain
Bogged down in reality.
It was quite a different case with Saul,
For he was a Chosen One,
Though his youth was not propitious
When all is said and done.
It seems he viewed the Christians
As something less than dirt
And saw the followers of Christ
As people to convert.
However, the Road to Damascus
Was the site of his miracle cure,
And God created this famous scene,
Some people are quite sure.
Now, He either gave Saul the type of brain
To cope with things mysterious,
Or else He actually sent a Light,
Blinding and quite imperious.
In either case a change of heart
Was rapid and extreme;
Saul suddenly realised that Christ
Was God who reigned supreme.
He changed his name from Saul to Paul,
He threw off all his fetters,
And from henceforth he spread the Word
In deeds and speech and letters.
Fortunate Saul, to be picked-out
For this quite amazing act!
I'll never see a blinding light
And change! And that's a fact.
For God, if indeed he made my brain,
Has bogged it down in sludge;
Seeing both sides of questions
And disinclined to budge!
I'll never see a vision.
(Well, I haven't up to now).
Humdrum facts, it seems,
Are all that brains like mine allow!
When it comes to religious yearnings
I'm afraid my cupboard's bare!
So, if it's true God made my brain,
Is He completely fair?
*

10 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

that is so sweet. I think you & he may be kindred spirits.

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Gorgeous art

http://www.jnjmilestones.com/2010/12/blue-monday-blue-shopping.html

SmilingSally said...

I've also seen art that causes me to remember.

Happy Blue Monday, Brenda.

Lesley said...

I really like this picture - tried to google Gerald Gee, but only got as far as your other post...
Sometimes I will see art that makes me wonder if it is reminding me of a previous life when nothing in it is familiar, yet it draws me and makes me feel so a part of the scene.

Anonymous said...

lovely Blue Moon,
cute poem,

Marie said...

Lovely art in your post.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Lovely blue moon!

My Blue Monday is Santa's Secret Shop

gengen said...

I like it you are sweet dear. Happy BM!

LV said...

I love good art and have a few pieces. I am not familiar with this one. He does very nice work.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I love this painting, I feel like I could get lost in it and wonder the streets and waterfront for hours.
Thanks for sharing..
Molly,