Monday, May 25, 2009

Those Were the Songs

I forget who created this collage of daydreams by the Mersey!
 Please remind me who you are and I'll acknowledge you!


TOTALLY OPTIONAL PROMPTS
http://totallyoptionalprompts.blogspot.com/2009/05/totally-optional-prompt-song-lyrics.html
suggests a parody.

This parody can be sung to the tune 'Those Were the Days'
which is not a Beatles' song, though this is about them!


THOSE WERE THE SONGS!


Those were the days, my friend;
We thought they'd never end'
But hasn't someone else said that before?
In nineteen sixty-three
Life seemed eternity
And I was never adding up the score.
*
And every Beatles' song,
That, weekly, came along,
Seemed to be written just for me alone.
So now I lie and dream
Remembering every theme,
And every tune and mood and subtle tone.
*
Maybe 'A Hard days Night'
Would make me feel uptight
But John and Ringo made me feel O.K.,
'Eleanor Rigby' then,
Could make me sad again,
But 'All my Loving' drove the blues away.
*
'From Me to You' they said;
It circled in my head;
I felt they meant their loving words for me.
'Here Comes the Sun' they'd say
And, on a rainy day,
I found the world as sunny as could be!
*
I really must include
That song they called 'Hey Jude!'
There was a song that always hypnotised!
'I Want to Hold your Hand'
Made all the world seem grand,
We sang-along and no-one  was surprised!
*
When life was hard on me
I'd simply 'Let it Be'.
And I'd forget my silly  foolish fears.
And then that girl 'Michelle'
Could make me glad as well
Although my French would drive the girl to tears!.
*
We heard 'She Loves You' play
And joined in 'Yea, yea, yea!'
For they were tunes  that never ceased to please.
'The Long And Winding Road'
Led to my own abode
Where Beatles' songs just made me feel at ease.
*
But now I'm lying here
And the main song I hear
Is 'Yesterday' because I'm moving on.
For Father Time decrees
These are old melodies
And I'm aware that something great has gone.

Another, more recent, remembered song here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2008/08/99-voice.html

2 comments:

Music Online said...

Nice lyrics...All the Beatle's fan would really love it...Hope you post more tribute to this great band^_^

Kat said...

'Here Comes the Sun' they'd say
And, on a rainy day,
I found the world as sunny as could be!


I loved these lines... can feel their impact.