Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ghostess with the Mostest!

A truly fascinating photograph on
 EASY STREET
today.
(Not this one!)
Then I have to ruin it all with tongue-in-cheek stuff!


GHOSTESS WITH THE MOSTEST!
Although I've never seen a ghost
And I hope I never see one
I must admit it would be fun
If one day I could be one!
If after death I could enroll 
In a school that teaches haunting,
And I could qualify to be
A dab hand and quite daunting!
But I admit I'd find it hard
To choose my expertise,
For would I want to horrify
Or would I want to tease?
I rather fancy rattling cups
Till they fall on the floor,
But breaking crockery every night
Could get to be a bore!
Drifting doesn't grab me much;
Ethereal's not my style
And my intended victims
Might just look at me and smile!
I might consider rattling bones
(Such images delight us)
But in the after-life I might
Still suffer from arthritis!
Groaning sounds good! I'd like to groan;
And I wouldn't mind a screech.
But I think I'd find the 'echoing' part
A bit beyond my reach.
Ectoplasm! That sounds good!
I could change shape willy-nilly,
Though emerging from an orofice
Sounds unwholsome and quite silly.
Looked at from every angle
(And don't think that I'm boasting)
I think I'm worth much more alive!
I just don't fancy ghosting!
More flesh-creeping here:

4 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Oh, my! I think I would love to be a ghost! And be able to pick and choose what to do to who!

anthonynorth said...

Enjoyed that. You got into the spirit of it all.

Bradley Hsi said...

Enjoy the writing, it is so light and fun.

Kat said...

heh heh.. you can really let your imagination loose..!!! Tickled to read all that you'd want to do as a ghost :-))))