Friday, May 22, 2009

Prove It!


                                   CarbonNYC

An Acrostic meme.
'LOVE CAN NEVER DIE'

PROVE IT!

Love can never die?
Oh, please tell me why!
Various things have perished
Even when they're cherished!
*
Cupid in his flight
Acts with cruel spite.
Nemesis arrives;
*
Narcissism thrives!
End the crazy trend!
Value as a friend.
(Eeek! I missed an E!
Silly silly me!)
Relationships platonic
*
Don't seem so moronic!
If love depends on passion
Expect the smallest ration.  
*


My correction ruined the sentiment but comments forced my hand!!!!!!!!!


A love that definitely died here:

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Wow! Another great acrostic. I don't know how you do it day after day. You have a fantastic talent , Brenda.

Patty said...

Lovely poem, but your forgot an E in never, then again perhaps you wanted to forget one. LOL Have a great rest of the week and a lovely week-end.

Dr.John said...

You lost an E there someplace.

jay said...

Oh, that was fun! Is there a name for poems like this where the first word of each line spells something?

jay said...

Oh, hang on .. am I being daft? Is it called an acrostic? LOL!

Kat said...

Very correct..!! Love never dies.

It fractures and goes into coma..!!!