Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Tricks!


EASYSTREET
suggests
'OLD DOG:NEW TRICKS'


Just as Easy Street comes up with another eye-catching meme I actually fit the bill! Yesterday I bought myself a little ukulele! I've always wanted to play 'something' and this should be a fun thing to attempt. There's even a disk and a set of instructions! So look out, Carnegie Hall!
(This is NOT me in the illustration!)

NEW TRICKS!

I've bought myself a ukulele!
It was a sudden urge,
I saw it there for twenty dollars
And thought that I should splurge,
Spend my money on an item
That might give me a fix.
Here's one very ancient dog
Learning some new tricks!


Another instrumental item here:


4 comments:

Jinksy said...

Do I detect an urge to clean windows, too?!

Darlene said...

If you can sing too, you might become the next Aussie sensation.

Delwyn said...

Hi Brenda

This Hawaiian image is very familiar to me. I have spent all the school Christmas holidays for over 20 years in Kauai which is the garden island of Hawaii and less developed.
A few years back we built a resort in Noosa and named it South Pacific, filling it with prints and fabrics that we sourced from Hawaii and furniture we had manufactured in Indonesia to match the old Hawaiian style. We had a lot of fun.
I love Hawaiian music - perhaps because I was brought up on a diet of Maori songs in NZ... One of our sons is getting married on the beach in Kauai next summer and it will be a very relaxed affair...

Happy Days and happy ukulele playing

Kat said...

Happy ukuleleing in coming days. Can already see Malcolm's feet tapping..!!!

(This is NOT me in the illustration!) Nearly mistook that it was you :))))