Friday, May 29, 2009

The Golden Key

            Rafal Oblinski

The Acrostic this week is 
MIND LOCKING.

THE GOLDEN KEY

My mind requires a golden key
If I'd relive each memory.
Nothing remains of some past joys!
Deleted! How that fact annoys!
Lazy days on far-flung beaches
Orange-orchards, sun-warmed peaches,
Crazy exploits when a girl.
Kisses that put me in a whirl.
I half-remember,  not too clearly;
Names have gone, or very nearly.
Give me that key and I'll recall, in detail, how I had a ball!
*

5 comments:

California Girl said...

That is an absolutely wonderful poem, particularly given the acrostic you had to work with.

This is something I'd like to try if I can EVER find the time.

Nessa said...

Fun.

Dr.John said...

Sometimes the key that unlocks the memory is somebody's blog.
Loved the poem and other than the last line you almost made it work.

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

Great poem on nostalgia!

Kat said...

and then there are some keys with us... which do not open anything...!!!!!

Leaving us wondering why these keys exist..!