Friday, May 15, 2009

If


For
EVERY PHOTO TELLS A STORY.


IF
(not the original!)
If I were a pug my eyes would look alarming!
They'd be poppy-eyed and they'd be too far apart.
If I were a pug I wouldn't look too charming.
I doubt if I'd ever break a lover's heart.
If I were a pug my flat nose would be spreading
Across my face till it reached from side to side.
I'd look so strange that there'd never be a wedding!
I doubt if I'd ever be a bonny bride!
If I were a pug my legs would be all stubby;
They'd bow in the middle and they'd be too short.
I'd never get the chance to call a sweetie 'hubby',
For men would never give me a second thought.
If I were a pug I'd be all sort of wrinkled,
The skin on my tummy would just droop in folds.
I'd never get the chance to see confetti sprinkled
And you'd never hear me utter the 'have and holds'.
So how is true that a pug gets admiration
For his corrugated forehead and his big fat feet?
From where, I ask, do we get the motivation
To cuddle him and kiss him and declare 
'How sweet!'?



A more sensitive approach to dogs here:



2 comments:

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

The first thought that popped into my head when I read this was that somewhere, there's a woman who will go to her plastic surgeon and tell him "Make me look like my pug!"

Kat said...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?