Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stating the Obvious


MELLOW YELLOW

STATING THE OBVIOUS

Sometimes an obvious statement can really catch the eye.
Had it said 'Lemons are Yellow' we'd have passed it by.
As it is, we stop and think a bit about the words we've read;
"I wonder what the book's about' keeps circling in our head.
I bet it's not about lemons! It may be a murder mystery,
It may be a book on cooking or a piece of ancient history.
The title sits there smugly, not giving the game away.
It certainly hits us in the eye but whatever does it say?
*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


THIRTEEN HAPPINESSINGS

Happenings bringing Happiness!
And I'm sure there are thirteen;
Those I happen to love and know;
Places where I have been
*
1.
I'm happy because my family
Has escaped a death by war;
Some too old, and some too young,
Living after or before.
*
2.
I'm happy because I'm healthy
And, at my age, that's a plus.
The immune systems are terrific
In every one of us.
*
3.
I'm happy because I have children,
A daughter and a son.
Both of them with families;
We're involved with everyone.
*
4.
I'm happy because I traveled
Extensively, overseas,
Holidaying and living
In other localities.
*
5.
I'm happy because I love writing;
My little gift's a pleasure.
The hours of writing for my blog
Are something that I treasure.
*
6.
I'm happy because of computers.
How they enhance old age!
How I wish they'd been invented
At some much earlier stage!
*
7.
I'm happy because of Australia,
Which has given me so much.
Sunshine, freedom, democracy,
Environment and such.
*
8.
I'm happy because of my friendships,
So many through the years!
Some are only memories
But I love my souveniers.
*
9.
I'm happy because my hair's cut!
A rather odd thing to say!
But now I can simply wash-n'-wear
At any time of day!
*
10.
I'm happy because I'm a female
In an era when the male
Is not the boss he used to be
And is sometimes known to fail!
*
11.
I'm happy because I've a husband
And I don't live alone,
I find I'm never lonely
Though my life is still my own.
*
12.
I'm happy because I recovered
From a bout with the great big 'C'.
Although it was rather traumatic
I'm now healthy as can be.
*
13.
I'm happy because I'm happy;
I don't stay sad for long.
And sometimes pretending to be cheerful
Helps the day along.
*
Good Heavens! I could go on and on!
So much to be thankful for!
If the number had been a hundred
You'd have got many more!
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

VISIT ME AT
for a great prize.



No comments: