Monday, September 19, 2011

Out-Run


MAD KANE
gives us the first line

OUT-RUN!

A gal who was fast on her feet,
Saw a ghost and went white as a sheet.
She took to her heels
With lots of loud squeals
But a fast ghost is too hard to beat!
*

------------------------------------------------------------------------



SAND FOR SALE
(Australia)

Stockton Sand is scenic but it's something else as well;
The sand is a commodity, a useful thing to sell.
The sand at Stockton grows and grows, the wild sea brings it in.
The sand of Hawaii washes away; it could soon be sparse and thin.
So we sell our sand to Hawaii! Next time you're in Waikiki
Look down at the sand, my friends, and recall where it used to be!
*

3 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Limericks are fun. I haven't tried to do one in ages. I really should.
The only sand I've ever seen for sale is in bags for mixing with cement to make concrete. However, I will now think about it differently. Yes, I can see why the sand in Hawaii would wash away, and understand they'd have to buy "replacement parts" from somewhere. I wonder why the US doesn't have a place like Stockton.
Interesting.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

LOL! Thanks for yet another fun Limerick-Off contribution!

jabblog said...

Limericks are fun but, like Kay, I haven't attempted to write one for years.
I never thought of sand being sold to replace washed away beaches!