Friday, September 23, 2011

The Knowledge


WRITING IN THE BUFF

Would this book blurb make you want to buy the book?


THE KNOWLEDGE
by
Frizington Conway

The Knowledge hit him like a blow between the eyes!
A moment before he had been  Milo Marks.
He had ordered a coffee.
He had idly stirred it.
Then, suddenly, he knew!
He had created a second Milky Way!
He must be God!
He felt himself (sorry! Himself) drawn into the vortex.
What he discovered blew his mind!
Learn what it is to have limitless power!
Learn what it is to be discovered in the bottom of a cup!

The Royal Observatory weekly rag: 'So that's how it all started!'

Milo loves getting letters.
Write to him c/o The Sunset Home for the Bewildered. 

*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


BIG SPLASH!

For a boy who was scared of water
It was quite a big success!
He found a boy-sized puddle
That fitted him, I guess.
He turned his back on the ocean;
It really was much too large.
He saw the shallow puddle
And decided to make a charge.
He'd defeat his fears in a moment;
In one quick triumphant dash.
And so, with a big grin on his face
He became a Water-Boy! Splash!
*

5 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Excellent book blurb, Brenda. "H"imself, indeed.
Poor Milo, at the Home for the Bewildered. I am frequently bewildered in my own home.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Dang! Isn't that they way it always goes ... after a huge and important discovery, they lock you up in a joint like The Sunset Home for the Bewildered, lol. Great story; and so is the one of the triumphant little boy; so cute.

Thanks for stopping by to see me.

Kathy M.

Grandma's Goulash said...

The Knowledge sounds intriguing. I'd buy it just to satisfy my curiosity. FYI, I tried staring into my iced coffee this morning. Guess it only works with the hot stuff. lol

What a sweet photo and rhyme for your splash story.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Himself must have put something in his coffee besides sugar! LOL Great blurb. And I love your poem! The little boy is adorable.

Tammy said...

I read this several times and loved it more each. First I thought his--excuse me, His--cappuccino was Milky Way flavored. Then I realized He was creating entire spiral galaxies! Oh, how I love how far out of the box this delightfully trippy one has traveled. "Big Splash" is wonderful, too.