Friday, September 9, 2011

A Code in my Nose!


WRITING IN THE BUFF
supplied the illustration.

Would this blurb make you want to read the book?

A CODE IN MY NOSE!
by
The Spuddling Twins.
(The Fifteenth in their Wonderful 'Twin' Series!)

Twins writing about Twins!
And we never tire of the concept.

Lucretia and Eloise Spuddling are twins themselves.
They write independently and then combine their efforts.

In this latest epic we meet Ernie and George Seekem,
Twin Undercover Agents.
Not trusting modern technology they work through a pictorial code system.
Follow their exploits all over the World!
Marvel at their ingenious codes! 
Intriguing illustrations help you follow their route.
What does this Cat on the side of the Garbage Bin mean?
Please don't tell anyone the ending!

The Garbage Collectors Newsletter:
 "Graffiti is the bane of us workers but when it's the Seekem Twins graffiti we greet it with joy".

*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------




ACCUSATION

She died easily in the end.
I wanted her gone
But dreaded the horror,
The blood,
The cries,
The gasps.
*
Most of all, I dreaded the blood,
Her blood,
So red,
So alive,
So accusing.
After all I had loved her,
Once.
*
I had fallen in love
With the flare of her.
*
Yes, flare!
For she burned brightly,
All gold and red;
Earrings,
Necklaces,
Flashing fingers.
*
And red lips,
Always painted thickly,
Brightly,
Temptingly.
*
And the fingers!
I thought of them as talons now.
But not then.
*
It was the thought of The Other
Enjoying her
As I had done,
That tipped me over the edge.
*
But I could not bring myself
To spill that rich red blood.
So red!
*
She slipped under the water
Gently,
Without a cry.
*
I had prepared myself so well.
There was no chance of discovery.
And, certainly, I was in control
Of myself.
No stupid hysteria from me!
No sir!
*
And then I saw her toes!
*
Blood red.
*
Accusing.........
*

6 comments:

Dave King said...

Yes, at least it makes me want to read the book. it's as much as a review can do.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Sounds like a fun book to me! Your poem gives me the chills. I hope he is haunted forever for his dirty deed.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Kathy M.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Your blurb is awesome. It sounds like a rollicking good time and a fun read.

Your poem is chilling!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Oh, I could see the series expanding...An adventure in Twinsburg, OH, where twins suddenly go missing during the Twin Convention held there.

And these two sets of twins could team up for the investigation!

Good job!

Kay L. Davies said...

What a fun book blurb. I'd buy the book, if only for the names!
LOL
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Calico Crazy said...

This books sounds like loads of fun to read. I love the poem as well, the price of murder is always high.