Monday, September 12, 2011

Plastic Romance


GRANDMA'S GOULASH
gave us this inspiration!

PLASTIC ROMANCE

Said the Little Mauve Bike to the Little Green 'Thing'
'I always feel skittish in the Spring.
The Yellow Top Twins are a boring pair;
The way you look is much more rare.
It's clear you don't conform to the herd;
I'd like to be your Dolly Bird.'
(You must agree that it's fantastic
How I've found romance in some lumps of plastic!)
*

----------------------------------------------------------------


THE FIRST THIRTEEN

A.B.C. and on it goes;
Something everybody knows.
But when one's asked to choose thirteen,
One sits before ones blogging screen
Trying hard to choose the best,
Knowing one must spurn the rest!
There is just one thing to do.....
Chop the Alphabet in two!
*
A  for abbozzo; I'll do one
Of a caterpillar, just for fun.
*
B for bantling; hard to handle.
You'll find that it denotes a scandal!
*
C for calver; it's rather mean
To use this method in your cuisine!
*
D for dalton; at your leisure
Try to fathom this certain measure!
*
E for echard; gardeners toil
When they find it in the soil.
*
F for fanal; strike a light!
Are we going to be here all night!
*
G for gantry; you'll do fine
If you have one of these for wine.
*
H for hallux; by the way
One is not too far away.
*
I is ictus; lots of stress
But of what sort you're left  to guess.
*
J is janker: chop down a tree,
Then fashion something utility.
*
K is kalpis; come on! Think!
Useful if you want a drink.
*
L is lanate; chance your arm!
Say it's something from a farm!
*
And, finally M; mabsoot I am!
And I bet that you don't give a damn!
*
Did they make you cry or make you laugh?
Sometime I'll do the second half!
*
ANSWERS
A preliminary sketch
B a bastard.
C  De-scale fish when alive.
D scale of atomic mass
E water not available to plants
F lighthouse or beacon
G shelf for bottles
H big toe
I stresses in poetry
J pole for transport
K water jar
L woolly
M happy
*

3 comments:

SparkleFarkel said...

"(You must agree that it's fantastic
How I've found romance in some lumps of plastic!)"


Complimentary poetical add-on: Your imagination is most definitely made of elastic!

Bravissimo! SF~~~~~*

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the lilting lines, Brenda. "I always feel skittish in the Spring" is wonderful.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Grandma's Goulash said...

Plastic romance may be drastic, but I agree that it's fantastic!