Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hidden Sorrow


THREE WORD WEDNESDAY
'erode, heart, observe'

HIDDEN SORROW

Some things just quietly erode;
There's no explosive dying.
The iron that rusts, the flower that dies,
The knot that is untying.
When I observe your closed-in face,
And hear the words unspoken,
I know that love has fled your life
I know a heart's been broken.
Some may weep and cry aloud
Exulting in their anguish;
But yours is a hidden sorrow.
In loneliness you languish.
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------

FILIGREE

A dish of cloud,
The finest white filigree,
Ready to receive the great egg of the sun.
*




9 comments:

Bethe77 said...

Great use of the three word prompt. So relatable.
Blessings

Springcycle said...

Another great poem from you rinkly rimes! But oh so sad. Do you think its the natural conclusion from the word "erode"?

Daydreamertoo said...

How sad the person must be in your 3WW prompt. Such loneliness and not able to share it.
Love the Filigree, beautiful.

andy sewina said...

Wise words!

Susannah said...

"Some things just quietly erode;
There's no explosive dying.
The iron that rusts, the flower that dies,
The knot that is untying."

I love that - no explosive dying, very well said.

and 'filigree' is just so beautiful!

I enjoyed my visit here. :-)

Sheilagh Lee said...

both exceptional poems though I must profess I love the first one best.

Maude Lynn said...

Hidden Sorrow is really well done. Sad and perceptive piece.

Anonymous said...

Lovely rhyming poem. Echoes how I
handle my feelings at times.

The poem is quiet like soft eroding.

Berowne said...

Your usual expert use of poesie...