Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Na Wiht


SENSATIONAL HAIKU
asks for a haiku about numbers.

NA WIHT

Nought; nothing at all.
 Mathematics depends on
Nought's non-existence.

Origin of the word 'nought'; 'na' means 'no' and 'wiht' means 'thing' in Old English.


---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

EYE SPY!

An all-seeing eye of a brilliant blue
Looking at you! Looking at you!
A very curious constellation,
Giving rise to consternation!
But I'm not certain the image is true!
Looking at you! Looking at you!
I refuse to be too receptive;
Modern photography is deceptive.
I feel the image has been revised;
Digitally digitised!
Please will someone prove me right
Or I'll be Googling this all night!
Tell me! I haven't got a clue!
Looking at you! Looking at you!
*

6 comments:

Dave King said...

Sensational, the haiku, in more ways than one.

Tara Tyler said...

coolness =)
and i will send my astronomic friend over to look at your spectacular cosmic image!

Ria said...

I loved the book Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea. It really is enlightening.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous as always. Nought is like white in the spectrum I guess?

Anonymous said...

clever Haiku with numbers I learned something new!

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Excellent haiku! Love that!