Friday, September 30, 2011

Black Gold


WRITING IN THE BUFF
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2010/11/xylopohone.html
presents us with this book-cover


Would this blurb attract you to this book?


BLACK GOLD
by
 Crystal Crackington-Jones

Myrtle bought it on the Internet.
Myrtle should have known better.
'Caribbean Island for Sale'  said the advertisement.
' Magnificent sunsets' it went on.
'$20' it quoted.
Myrtle bought it sight unseen!
She had forgotten the sinking of the oil-tanker 'Black Gold'!
She had forgotten the world's greatest oil spill!
Yes, the sunsets were magnificent.
But the beaches were uniformly black and sticky.
But all is not lost!
Who is the handsome stranger arriving in his kayak?
Pure romance from start to finish.

'Fairy-Tale Romances' publication comments ; Forget pollution! Love still conquors all!
*


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


GREEN PLUS BLUE

Green plus blue
Makes a turquoise hue
And that's my favourite colour,
Without those two
What would we do?
 The world would be much duller.
*
I took this shot
From a favourite spot
On a ship when we were sailing.
The sky was grey
On a rainy day
But turquoise is never-failing.
*
The swimming-pool,
Thronged as a rule,
Was lying unattended,
The blue surround
And green sea, I found,
Were cleverly, subtly blending.
*
The sea's grey-green
Added to the scene,
And the dull sky threatened thunder.
But the turquoise hue,
Made of green and blue,
Was still a colourful wonder.
*


7 comments:

Margaret Gosden said...

Looks very familiar, sounds very familiar, thanks for the memory!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Let the buyer beware!

Good job!

Grandma's Goulash said...

Can she trust that handsome stranger? He sounds pretty slick to me. :D

Another wonderful blurb.

Tammy said...

A whole island for $20 and a handsome stranger in a kayak to boot?? I say Myrtle got a great deal, and I bet so would the reader of this book!

Kay L. Davies said...

Crystal Crackington-Jones is a great name, Brenda. It never occurred to me the beach looked black, though, which shows how smart I'm not.
But turquoise — it has always been my favourite colour. I posted photos of a turquoise lake this week for SkyWatch Friday.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

I love a great romance, even on an oily island. Two people in love can make the best of any situation. :) And your poem has me yearning for another Caribbean cruise. Ah, that turquoise sea!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

I think it is still worth $20, and now that she has a helper the clean-up work will go smoother. I hope that they build a tree house like the one in Robinson Crusoe and lounge around in double hammocks during siesta time. Hey, this would be a great story, please write it!

I love the ship picture too, it is really pretty.

Kathy M.