Friday, August 12, 2011

Trial Run

FRIDAY FLASH
supplied the photograph

TRIAL RUN

Agnes and I have been .........together
Since, goodness, heaven knows when,
But now she's started to wonder whether
She really likes the men!
Look! There she is, having a trial run,
While I am left to brood.
I can see the beginnings
Of a really nasty feud!
*
----------------------------------------------------------

PERHAPS A PARK

This is the view from my balcony;
Our street is rather strange.
Both sides go up and down you see
So it's a sort of interchange.
Once it was a railway line
Which explains the configuration;
It gives us a pleasant little 'park',
Enhancing our situation.
By rights it's not a park, I know;
It's just a sort of verge,
But children can run and play on it
Whenever they get the urge.
It's an easy place to walk a dog
Beneath the shady trees,
And sometimes neighbours sit out there,
Enjoying the evening breeze.
Our private garden's miniscule,
There's only room for pots,
And so our little private 'park'
Is one of our best-loved spots.
*


5 comments:

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

love your 55, well done.

Brian Miller said...

well now...that is not nice at all...what is she thinking?

G-Man said...

Miss Rinkly Rimes...
I Loved your 55, except you are free to write a story of your own choosing. That was just My story.
Thanks for playing and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Lydia said...

This 55 was such fun!
I am relatively new at FF55 also, and now I am wondering if I am supposed to use the G-Man's photo. I am not sure so will look around at other posts.

Monkey Man said...

Different take on the G-man's tale. Very nice.