Saturday, August 6, 2011

Speech



SIX WORD FRIDAY
six letters, six words, six lines

SPEECH
(An Acrostic)

Speeches are sometimes hard to make;
People have to learn to fake
Every gesture and each bright expression,
Eager to make the right impression.
Confident acting must be the key.
Hold forth with prose or poetry.
*
----------------------------------------------------------

TITLES
Stolen from Frank Sinatra

(Him) Under that OLD DEVIL MOON I am SWINGIN' DOWN THE LANE
Knowing you'll be waiting underneath 'our' tree again.
I THOUGHT ABOUT YOU all day long thinking 'LOVE IS HERE TO STAY'
For YOU'RE TOO MARVELLOUS FOR WORDS in every kind of way.
YOU BROUGHT A NEW KIND OF LOVE TO ME from the moment that we met.
I'VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN you know! You're not easy to forget.
YOU MAKE ME FEEL SO YOUNG, my love! I feel about sixteen!
I feel like MAKIN' WHOOPEE, if you know what I mean!
WE'LL BE TOGETHER AGAIN, sweetheart and I know it will be quite soon!
IT HAPPENED IN MONTEREY last time! Remember that harvest moon?
YOU'RE GETTING TO BE A HABIT WITH ME! I hope I am with you!
Some people say that ANYTHING GOES but my love is strong and true!
Now I'm saying all these things to you! At last you're in my arms!
Tell me you feel the same, my sweet! While I'm holding all your charms!
I want to share my life with you so, baby, HOW ABOUT YOU?

*
(Her) You can cut-out all that hanky-panky!
I know you pinched those words from Frankie!
*

1 comment: