Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Safe Harbour



BIFOCAL UNIVISION

SAFE HARBOUR

I don't want to be a wild wave tossed on the open sea.
I don't want to brave the elements as a solitary tree.
I don't want to be a seagull blown in a stormy sky.
If I can bob in calm waters I think that I'll get by.
*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUTED MIRROR

So little light and yet the gloom
Cannot blot out that palest gleam!
Figures, like Ophelias, lie there
Floating on a polished stream.
                                                                                *

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Really like this one this week!
Nice job~

Bubba said...

A philosophical approach... I like it, Brenda! Thanks for joining in!

Kathe W. said...

bobbing in calm waters is a good thing!