Monday, August 22, 2011

Red Brag


MAD KANE
http://www.madkane.com/humor_blog/
supplied the first line


RED BRAG

A fellow who tended to brag
Went round waving a brilliant red rag,
But while he was up-staging
A great bull came raging
And the fellow soon waved a white flag.

*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------





THAT LINEN LOOK!

I have very often stated
That I think linen over-rated!
True it has a 'posh' cache
As though its wearers hope to say
*
'Look well! I can afford the best!
My taste is better than the rest!
Synthetic clothes may fit the bill
For those whose bank account is 'nil',
But I look smart in the Real McCoy.
Linen means I'm not hoi polloi!
Only natural fibres pass
For people from the Upper Class!'
*
Then you stand up and oh the creases!
Your superiority ceases!
Your skirt's all wrinkled where you've sat
Having a pleasant little chat.
I see you looking almost rumpled;
Quite untidy, very crumpled.
You smooth yourself, to no avail;
The creases simply still prevail,
While we, synthetically adorned,
We, the previously scorned,
Rise, unblemished, from our seats,
Being man-made-fibre cheats!
Polyester rules the day!
(Well....sometimes...in a sort of way.)
*

2 comments:

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Fun post! And thanks so much for being a wonderful regular contributor to my Limerick-Offs!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Fun post! Thanks for being a delightful, regular contributor to my Limerick-Offs.