Friday, August 12, 2011

Potted Perpendicular


BOOK BLURB FRIDAY
gives us the book cover.

Would my blurb make you want to read the book?

POTTED PERPENDICULAR
by
 Prof. Edmund Cleary Dampkin S.L.R.,  F.T.T.P.M.,  X.Y.Z (Hons)
(Deceased)

Just what you have been searching for!
A complete history of World Architecture in verse!
From Caveman Days to Last Week!
No Architectural Student should be without it!
Let this example whet your appetite!

"When you look beneath this cover
You will very soon discover
Lots of one thing and anuvver."

*
 Pentium Grodly, "The Sunday Gallery" Arts Correspondent.
says
'If I had read this book as a young student my buildings would not have fallen over!'
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gerald Gee

CELESTIAL RAINCOAT!

If only it could be
As easy as that for me!
If only I could shelter
From all life's helter-skelter
Caught in a golden beam,
A sort of holy dream!
If only a belief
Could bring such great relief!
If only He could prevent
Rain falling on my tent!
But, in the local papers,
You wouldn't believe the capers
'Got up to' by gentlemen of the cloth!
Sins of jealousy and sloth,
Avarice, gluttony and pride!.
Many ending up 'inside'!
This cherubic little man
Had better keep dry while he can!
All too soon a crash of thunder
Will dissipate the beam he's under!
Life without it will not be jolly!
He didn't think to bring a brolly!
*

6 comments:

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Very cute! Who knew architects could be poetic?

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Lol! This is great! How did you think of this? I love all the initials after his name too.

Have a great weekend,

Kathy M.

Grandma's Goulash said...

What a fun and clever blurb. My favorite part was the review about the buildings falling down.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Terrific blurb...the author's many degrees certainly piqued my interest (especially the X.Y.Z. hehehe...). The whole book in verse! I'd have to read it. Just have to. Also enjoyed your Celestial Raincoat. :)

Susan Fobes said...

I chuckled at the first, and enjoyed your second poem immensely!

Tammy said...

This is too much fun to pass up!