Monday, October 31, 2011

The Singing Butler

                               Vettriano

IMAGINARY GARDEN
introduces me to a novel form, the waltz
which requires the following syllabification. 
 1,2,1,2,3,2,1,2,3,4,3,2,1,2,3,2,1,2,1

THE SINGING BUTLER

Rain.
Wet sand.
Clouds
Above
Threatening.
Alice,
Damp,
Shivering.
Fred the Butler.
Romantic.
Singing
Songs
Of love.
You and I
Waltzing.
Bliss
In my
Arms.
*

----------------------------------------------------------------

REALISATION!
As the train drew in she said 'Oh hell!
I've left my tickets at the hotel!'
This was, for her, the grand finale.
She never ever got to Bali!
*

5 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

The first turned out to be more romantic than I expected, Brenda.
The second made me laugh.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Liz Rice-Sosne said...

I so love the end!

Kerry O'Connor said...

It IS such a romantic moment, but not so much for Fred and Alice. Your eye sees unerringly! Much enjoyed.

Lolamouse said...

Who cares about Bali when you have a singing Butler to amuse you! What a delightful poem!

Dave King said...

Intriguing.