Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Passing Thought


THREE WORD WEDNESDAY
supplied the words in blue

A PASSING THOUGHT

When one looks out at the immensity of Space
One feels vulnerable
Unimportant,
Less than nothing.
I am inclined to think
That the Universe is a brain
And I am just a figment
Of its imagination.
*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VACANT: TO LET

Look, if there's one thing that I've learned
 It's that I am an ignoramus!
It's been an in-tray out-tray life,
Nothing brilliant or famous.
Knowledge has gone in one ear
And then in a very short time
It's flowed away out of the other.
It's been tantamount to a crime!
Consider, first, my schooldays,
Which weren't on the whole too stressful.
I pegged-away at learning things
And often I was successful.
But let us consider algebra!
I coped in a passable way,
But no-one must ask about algebra
If they meet with me today!
The same thing applies to Latin!
I managed to conjugate,
But all the Latin's oozed away,
Completely gone, of late!
Now things are getting worse, I fear!
Of course, nobody blames
Funny old ladies such as me
If they forget peoples' names!
But I try to learn the difference
Between persons A and B
I even think-up mnemonics
Hoping they'll benefit me!
'Mary's got the big ears',
'Alice has got a squint'
I aim for a mental picture
That might give me a hint.
But still the names elude me;
I forget again and again.
Look, if there's one thing that I've learned
It's that I need a brand new brain!
*

4 comments:

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Thank you for sharing! I really like the first one. I can connect with that very well right now...

Happy Halloween. :)

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?

YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell releases October 31st!

Sheilagh Lee said...

don't we all the memory fails us.

Berowne said...

Excellent, creative use of the three words...

MaryA said...

Nice job. You never fail to deliver.