Sunday, October 2, 2011

Living in the Present




SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS
http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com
suggests the topic 'Present'.


LIVING IN THE PRESENT

We are living in something imaginary,
For the present is never here.
Say the word 'present' and straight away
The present will disappear.
In less than the twinkling of an eye......
The change takes place that fast....
The present will change completely
Into something else.....the past.
Can you hold on to the present?
It's intangible, like a mist,
Try to grab hold and it's slipped away;
There! It does not exist!
So, if the present is unreal,
With minute preceding minute,
Maybe we are not really here......
After all, we're living in it!
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------



A LENGTHY RECOVERY

Two men sat side-by-side in a Doctor's Waiting Room;
Both looked rather worried, each face reflecting gloom.
'Why have you come to the doctor?' Percival whispered low.
'Have you got a serious problem?  I'd very much like to know'.
'Serious? No!' said Clarence ' Luckily it's the reverse!
It's only a little bunion! It could be very much worse!'
'I'm having a circumcision' said Percival, rather shy.
I don't think it's very serious. I'm not about to die.'
Said Clarence 'But that is serious! You'll suffer a lot, I fear!
I had one as a baby and I couldn't walk for a year!'
*

5 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Two more good ones, Brenda.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Linda Jacobs said...

The first one made me think and the second one made me laugh! Very effective!

Belva Rae Staples said...

I like them both, but the second one really cracked me up!

lilly said...

I loved them both.

keiths ramblings said...

In yours, the present becomes the past in the twinkling of an eye, and it mine it takes a little longer - the blink of an eye! However, we were clearly on the same track!