Monday, October 3, 2011

Lost Love


THE GOOSEBERRY GARDEN
http://gooseberrygoespoetic.blogspot.com/2011/10/poetry-picnic-week-7-love-and-loss.html
wants us to brood on Lost Love.

LOST LOVE

Losing love is like losing life;
The pain of it twists like a knife.
Everything single thing he said
Writhes and pierces in your head.
You feel that you cannot go on,
Because your Only Love  has gone.
You're completely devastated;
When he said 'Love' was it then he Hated?
Has it all been a pretence?
Nothing's making any sense.
*
The thought of death is in your mind;
So sweet, so soft, so dark, so kind.
Death, which could take the pain away
And, at the same time, make him pay!
How he'll suffer when he learns
That you've gone to the land of No Returns!
Maybe you'll hover above his head
And hear his response to the sad words said....
'She's killed herself! Oh no! Oh no!
Why did someone so lovely go?
She was an angel! I see that now!
I'll repent for ever! This I vow!'
You'll have had your revenge. You'll have saved your pride.
In the course of which, of course, you've died!
*
I was a young girl long ago,
So this sad scenario I know.
This is a message I send in rhyme;
'It'll get better, given time.'
Punish him by living well.
Play-acting can often break a spell.
Pretend his hateful words weren't spoken
Pretend your heart was never broken.
Go out and act a happy part;
Then watch the healing process start!
In months, or, maybe, in a year
You'll forget you ever shed a tear.
Suicidal thoughts will have truly waned;
Instead if losing, you'll have gained.
You'll be involved in your Plan B
And Lover Boy will be......
Memory.
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------



IRON MAN!

Is ironing a bore
And are you looking for
Some way to add some zing
To that boring ironing 'thing'?
I suggest you take your board
To some charming place abroad
And find a mountain top
Above a dizzying drop!
Perch your board right there
Next to the 'thin air'!
You'll find you're stimulated
By the thrill that you've created!
All that adrenalyn pumping through you
Will certainly do something to you!
Ironing, so dull before,
Will now become your favourite chore!
*







11 comments:

Daydreamertoo said...

Such depth of feelings, passionate.
Two lovely pieces from you. The first, heart-breakingly sad.
I cannot imagine why anyone irons clothes anymore. Being ex-army, I used to be so fussy over mine it took me hours to iron. Now I tumble dry and fold while warm and am happy to not waste hours sweating over a hot iron anymore.

Kay said...

I like this poem very much. Thank you!

Marbles in My Pocket said...

I love the second part of the first one. Punish him by living well--a great thought and line.
The ironing poem is funny, but has some thruth to it. Mundane chores don't have to be mundane!

http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/two-yearning-heart/

Tigerbrite said...

Wise words.

Susie Clevenger said...

Powerfully tragic...such emotion in your words of lost love and lice

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

vivid capture of lost love.
smiles.
Enjoyed your entry.

Kay L. Davies said...

I can't see ironing becoming anyone's favourite chore, but it sure made me laugh, Brenda.
And oh, the lost love/lost life feeling. Sigh. Hard to believe anything was worth dying for when I was young. The older I get, the longer I want to live. I really don't think I want to be young again.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ann LeFlore said...

I really like this poem so much and the image really speaks to you when you read your words
http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/10/03/memories-and-photographs-of-you/

Jenny said...

Do you enter these into poetry contests? If you do, you must place all the time in them. Your writing is fantastic!

Shashidhar Sharma said...

Dear Rinky Rimes
I enjoyed reading your verse... and your words like ...

"When he said 'Love' was it then he Hated?
Has it all been a pretence?"

I could relate to it all...

Thanks for sharing such a lovely verse and for joining in the Poetry Picnic ... Look forward to your posts on "Friends, Relationships and every one around.." next week ...

Shashi
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/10/whispers-love-and-loss-butterfly.html

Teresa Marie said...

Very nicely done! I enjoyed it tremendously. Blessings, Terri