Saturday, October 29, 2011

Candy Floss


PINK SATURDAY
CANDY FLOSS

Nutritional value? I'd say 'Nil'
Yet eating it is such a thrill.
Spun sugar on a little stick.
Too much of it can make you sick.
Pink and sweet and finger-licky,
Brittle,  bright and sugar-sticky!
Gooey lips and gooey nose,
Tacky pink stains on the clothes!
The tongue makes contact, makes a hole;
You're eating nothing! Bless my soul!
Part of summer in the sun,
Part of happy childhood fun.
Nutritional value? I'd say 'Nil'
Yet eating it is such a thrill.
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRIGHT NIGHT

Blue is a calming colour, as everybody knows.
It's effect is always gentle and serene.
Yet here we see the colour in quite a different guise!
Have you ever seen a more blood-chilling scene?
Clouds, the moon, a deep blue sky;
What could be more benign?
But the hideous face within the clouds
Detracts from the moon's clear shine.
And the clouds themselves are sinuous;
More like hands that clutch and claw!
A true depiction of nightmare;
The 'best' I ever saw.
I have no desire to read the book;
It's not my sort of read.
But I admire the artist's skill
Very much indeed.
*

5 comments:

Everyday Goddess said...

i haven't had pink cotton candy in years, but i do remember the sensation and the stickiness.

creepy cloud face, i'm scared too!

Elaine said...

Cotton candy..a childhood treat I remember well

Unknown said...

Love the candy floss poem. HPS!

Unknown said...

You're one amazing woman...I love the candy floss poem! :)

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Great candy poem Laura