Sunday, October 2, 2011

Escape!

The Wordle


SUNDAY WHIRL
asks us to use all the words in the Wordle.

ESCAPE!

Seeking for adventure I roamed the cobbled streets,
Surrounded by a myriad of liars, thieves and cheats.
As the mob drew closer to me I felt fearful, lost, alone,
At the centre of a circle such as I had never known.
How could I face this angry crowd? The signs portended ill!
Never could I remember having faced such wild ill-will!
With nothing concrete to help me...... life had left me in the lurch........
I suddenly remembered that, as a youth, I'd gone to church!
I pounded up the hillside; I must find somewhere to hide!
Ah! The door was open! I was safe! I was inside!
*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


FISHERMAN
(An Acrostic)

Floating, like an Autumn leaf,
Impatient for a bite,
'Something soon' is his belief,
His before the night.
Eagerly he grasps his line;
Ripples auger well,
'Mine!' he whispers 'This is mine!
A fisherman's tale to tell.'
Nothing! One that got away!
He'll live to fish another day.
*

4 comments:

Susannah said...

Both, nicely told tales. I really enjoyed how you used the wordle words, and I was swept along with the feelings and situation that your words created so well.

Mike Patrick said...

Nicely done wordle. There hasn't been much rhyme this week, so yours was extra refreshing.

brenda w said...

The first two lines of Escape! are perfect. I love how the rhymes seem to be meant to be there. Excellent write. The acrostic is good, too, and makes me want to go fishing. I could use a peaceful day on water. :)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You always amaze me with your rhyming poems, Brenda, and this one is no exception. You've done a masterful job of incorporating all the Wordle words into 10 short--rhyming--lines. And the story line is excellent!


My Wordle 24