Friday, February 11, 2011

Stripes!

STRIPES!

I do admire lateral thinking!
Thinking 'outside the box'!
Giving the unsuspecting
Giggles and, maybe, shocks!
Skin, as we know, gets blotchy,
There are pimples and polka-dots!
But stripes are something novel;
More original than spots!
This cover really intrigues me!
The girl is in dire straits.
And, clearly, the situation
Is something that she hates!
There must be an element of magic.
Does it involve the cup?
She looks dubious about the contents;
But will she drink it up?
The book must be written for children;
Adults are such a bore;
But any childish reader
Must wonder what's in store.
A design that's so intriguing
Has passed the book-cover test;
We long to take a peep inside.
Does the story pass the test?
*

-----------------------------------------------------------------


   
MULTI MIX!

It's very multicultural in Oz
As you'll notice if you visit us because
The Hottentots and Finns
Have such very different skins!
It's not the British off-shoot it once was.
*
As for me, of course, I'm Pommy through and through!
I must salute the old Red White and Blue!
But I still enjoy society
Which celebrates variety
As these two market stalls appear to do!
*

2 comments:

Fay Campbell said...

I love the Stripes!! whooo hooo

Margaret Gosden said...

Lovely grey flower - what is it?