Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Beet This!


BEET THIS!

This beetroot sculpture is awesome!
It's hard to believe my eyes!
That one could meet
A humble beet
In such an artistic guise!
*
But the more I learn of beetroot
The more I am impressed!
This dark red root
Is of great repute
And one of Nature's best!
*
I'm a devotee of beetroot;
I can eat it every day.
Baked or boiled,
Vinagered, oiled,
I can eat it any way.
*
Which may be the reason I'm healthy
At a very senior age!
So now let me list
Things you may have missed
As you've turned your cook-book page.
*
It can lower your cholesterol;
And your blood-pressure too!
It keeps cancer at bay
And in some clever way
Help with slimming! Yes! It's true!
*
I could write pages and pages
On the benefits of the beet!
And it looks so great
Sitting on a plate!
Yes! A beetroot is hard to beat!
*

-----------------------------------------------


SCARLET WOMAN!


She was sitting on the ferry
Out of the wintry breeze.
The ferry's a warm and sunny place
On mornings such as these.
She was counting-out her money,
Quite unaware that I
Was waiting with my camera,
Spying what I could spy.
She couldn't have managed it better
For a winter warmer shot.
She couldn't have posed more carefully
In that little front-seat spot.
Her cap was red, her coat was red,
And her bag! Just look at that!
If that's not serendipity
I'll jolly well eat my hat!
*

4 comments:

Karen said...

Who knew what would be inside a beet?!! :> And I really like, 'spying what I could spy'! Have a great week! :>

Margaret Gosden said...

I like your beet story - it has the potential of being
a new diet fad, if promoted seriously!

Geoff Maritz said...

Both great stories. Yes it is amazing what you can find inside a beetroot when you cut away all the extra clutter. Geoff.

Kat said...

Wow... thanks for revealing the secret of your healthiness...

Am going to like Michael Jackson "BEET IT" :-)))