Monday, February 21, 2011

Oooops!

            Jessie Wilcox Smith

MONDAY'S CHILD
OOOPS!

Children chatter. Sparrows chirp.
Sometimes little monkeys...... burp!
Henrietta says I'm rude,
Says I mustn't gulp my food.
I do my best to toe the line,
But 'people' manners just aren't mine.
She's decked me in a silly bow,
Although you'd think that she would know
That I'm a creature from the wild,
Not some prissy little child!
I'll make her laugh! Ah! Now you see
She has giggled in her tea!
See! My little Henrietta!
Your manners aren't a great deal better!
*

-----------------------------------------------------------


MADE TO MEASURE!

A man approached a carpenter for a box he wanted made;
He wanted it by the next morning; it could not be delayed.
'I need it to be two inches high, also two inches wide,
But it has to be at least fifty feet on the longest side.'
Two by two plus fifty feet!' the carpenter gasped with horror.
'Yes' said the man 'And please make sure it's ready by tomorrow.'
The carpenter said 'I'll make the box; I'll start this very minute,
But, please, I beg you, tell me what you're going to put in it!'
'Well then' said the customer 'This is how it goes...
I'm returning something borrowed.
It's my neighbour's garden hose.'
*

7 comments:

jabblog said...

I love the idea of the garden hose box - hilarious!

Sherry Irvine said...

Love it! The children's poems are so refreshing to write - I love the giggling in the tea.

signed...bkm said...

I love this little Monkey's narrative on Miss Henrietta...and I love that name ..that and Harrett
I hope they come back in style...bkm

Unknown said...

Lovely rhymes, Brenda!
Best wishes,
Anna

Margaret said...

You are AMAZING! I have so much to learn, but I tried my hand at it the cute Monday's Child challenge.

Lyn said...

Love the mischief of this!! You set a great example for someone who's just starting on this challenge!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

you have lovely imaginations.
well done.