Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Splash


RUBY TUESDAY

SPLASH

A splash of red on a blue, blue day,
A red-hot colour, as if to say
'The blue of the sky and the blue of the sea
Can't hold a candle to the red of me!'
*

--------------------------------------------------------------


IN THE FLESH!
I love the work of Gerald Gee,
This time it's a cartoon.
A sense of humour such as his
Is a veritable boon.
Just look at the expression
In that naughty daddy's eye!
With three lines the artist's
Made him guilty but quite sly!
So let's consider his response!
He's got to make it slick.
' I'm studying anatomy'
That might do the trick.
'I thought it was your Mother'
Now there's a lovely thought.
' I didn't notice they were nude!'
Would be a good retort.
With these few lines the artist
Has created a situation,
Which all of us can laugh at
Enjoying his creation.
*

11 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Gorgeous capture, Brenda! Love those blue skies and blue water!! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

forgetmenot said...

Love the poem--very clever. Mickie

Kay L. Davies said...

Two fun ones today, Brenda. I enjoyed both of them, because I could imagine myself being the lady in red, but could NOT imagine my husband being the man caught by his young daughter. LOL
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Anonymous said...

That cartoon is hilarious! Looks like a lovely summer's day in that first photo.

Marie said...

Alovely post Brenda. How lovely to take a seat there by the ocean. Like the poem too.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Gorgeous -- that red really pops!

Jan n Jer said...

great shot..cant wait to enjoy some of that.

eileeninmd said...

Great shot, it looks nice and warm there. Cute poem!

2sweetnsaxy said...

Cute. :-) What a beautiful blue sky. I enjoyed one of those this weekend.

Everything And Everywhere said...

I love the color of the blue sea. Have fun.

Margaret Gosden said...

Noted: two, or is it a three-in-one meme this week?
Would like to be there, for sure, as gloomy as it is here these days!